Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Optum Internship Blog #8

Post #8
Date(s): 8/1/19 - 8/2/19
Activities: Final Presentation
Technical Information: PowerPoint
Reflection: Working for Optum essentially changed most of my perception of what skills I brought to the the table, and gave me a close insight to both what I want in my career as well as the skills that I would need to improve upon in my future and succeed in whatever job pathway I chose.

I learned that despite my weaknesses as a test-taker, I shine in more interactive environments where the goal of any task is creative and more tangible. Working with a professional team, made me realize I was born for this kind of group work, and that there was no better way to solve tasks then when working together, and incorporating all the skills each one on your team has. I learn't that I was confident, and had the skills to talk to almost any crowd whether it be teachers, students or even professionals.

Moreover, I realized that this kind of what I wanted for my future, somewhere to work that feels comfortable, where you don't feel like leaving and you get a sense of enjoyment/passion for what you are doing. It was made imperative that the only way to truly get work done, was if you enjoyed the work you were doing, not for how much they pay, but for what you are learning from that experience to take on with you on your future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment