Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Optum Internship Blog #4

Post #4
Date(s): 7/18/19 - 7/19/19
Activities: First Presentation, System Flaws
Technical Information: Quip, Powerpoint, User Testing
Reflection: When I first heard the news that I would be interning at Optum, given my experience having job shadowed at Cisco beforehand where I was exposed to a sort of confined office space with a lot of cubicles, I was nervous and somewhat dreading how my next 5 weeks would be. But thankfully, Optum exceeded almost all the expectations I had.


Optum with their open office spaces, lax rules, leisure activities, alongside being able to meet and interact with so many new people who were all thorough professionals who guided me and my team in helping us achieve our goals that we had planned. 


This was one of the things that I was really grateful, as this was something I didn’t have of control off, since most of the factors involved here were external as I could only control how I act but how other people would respond. The managers, the employees alongside the other interns all made my internship experience, one of a lifetime, as I made lifelong connections beyond belief, and gained experience I would never have gained withouth this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment