Sunday, November 6, 2016

August 2nd - Flying to Japan - Travel

Image result for RDU airport
RDU Airport
I packed my bags, grabbed my phone, and rushed out the door into my car, my dad was waiting and not very happy about having to wake up that early but he was excited for me. I had to rush back in because I had to use the bathroom and didn't want to hold up the guys at the airport. Our flight left at 7:35 am on August 2nd 2017, it was a 17 h 25 m flight with 1 stop. The cost was $9,817.30 for the 5 of us on the return trip included. The price individually was $1,963.46 both ways. 

When I arrived at RDU airport i waited at gate 6 where we agreed to meet all of us. It was a hot, sweltering day of about 85 degrees Fahrenheit, just perfect... One by one Shamyl's car showed and dropped him off, then Kush, then Zuhare, and lastly Mohir. We speed walked inside to get to security to make sure everything was fine and so we could get to our flight on time. As we checked our bags they stopped and took a while for them to scan my laptop, I don't know why it always takes so long with electronics but it just does. Everyone else was fine going through the scanner but when i went through they stopped me and asked me if I had anything in my left pocket. I said no but soon after I realized that I left my earbuds in there. I reached into my pocket immediately and pulled them out apologizing to the security guard. Once everyone was through, secure, and safe we walked over to our gate which was gate 21. We got there at 7:10 and started boarding immediately, talk about a close call. As we walked into the plane the seats were in 3's so 3 of us sat together (Shamyl, Kush, and I) and the other 2 (Mohir and Zuhare) sat behind us with another stranger who was a fairly big guy looked to be around in his 40's. We took off at 7:40 am and as we were pulling off we were so excited for what lay ahead of us.


They started serving breakfast immediately after we took off so that we could sleep for as long as possible. They had 2 options, Pancakes or Waffles, both came with Syrup, I got the Waffles because i personally don't like pancakes. Everyone else got Pancakes and they were shocked at how i didn't like them. I don't know why I don't they have just never appealed to me. Nobody really tried to sleep because we knew we would just have to wake up in Dallas at 9:31 am. We unboarded the plane, it felt good to stretch our legs even if it was for only a little bit of being stuck in the plane. We all grabbed some StarBucks to have on the plane with us for the return trip. In total we stopped in Dallas for 1 h and 24 m and left at 10:55 am for a 6,436 mi journey to Japan! We finally fell asleep on the way there, I don't know what time it was. Time seemed to move so slow on that plane and I didn't really bother checking the time. They played a few movies on the way there. Sadly they were all in Japanese though and they only had a couple flight attendants on board that spoke English. They served lunch in between which was a choice of Spaghetti of Salmon, I chose Spaghetti as did the rest of us because we didn't trust the fish on an airplane. It just didn't seem right. Up until dinner that night we were on our phone, or messed around with one another, played cards, etc. The choices for dinner was Chicken with rice or a vegetarian dish which i have no idea what that was. They served dinner at 5:45 which was pretty early for the time that i have dinner but I didn't care, I was hungry. After that was when everyone started to settle in and fall asleep. I couldn't tell what time we crashed because we each did it at different times. I looked back at Zuhare and Mohir and the big guy who was sitting next to them was your iconic airplane travel person. The one who takes up half of the other guys seat because he spreads his knees out as far as possible. Yea, that one. That day was very stressful and I'm glad everything went somewhat smooth and we were on our way to Japan. I couldn't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment